Friday, July 24, 2009

pERuBaHaN..

"Don't just change enough to get away from your problems;
change enough to SOLVE it.
Don't just change your circumstances to improve your life;
change yourself to IMPROVE circumstances.

Don't do the same things expecting different results;
get different results by doing something NEW.

Don't see change as something hurtful that must be done;
see it as something helpful that CAN be done.

Don't avoid paying the immediate price tag of change;
if you do, you will pay the ULTIMATE PRICE OF NEVER IMPROVING."

Dr John Maxwell



This was part of my quiet time today,
It's a very meaningful, true yet scary TRUTH to face...
I am not writing this because I've learnt to accomplish that,
IN FACT,
it's the direct opposite...
Change, Sigh,
AHHHHH!!!!!
CHANGE, DOUBLE SIGH....

Change to me is such a big TABOO word...
Deep down, I can say I HATE change,
whether is because of my personality,
or watever,
deep down I resent change...
I just dislike it lar...
I love my life the way it is...
Back home,
my routine is fun, cool, enjoyable and satisfying...
Dont you ever touch my routine or I'll BITE!!!
Hehe...
That's me lar...
I just give one simple example,
Sports back home to me is an untouchable time...
4pm till 7pm,
I just have to be at sports during that time...
It's one of the peek moments of my week,
where I get to not only exercise,
but be able to spend time and catch on different people I get to meet there...
Sigh,
i do LOVE those times...
I get quite upset when something crops up during that time and I have to forgo sports...
Last time, whenever it rained during a Sunday afternoon,
I would be so super angry cursing the rain...
Haha,
though I am better at it now,
I can admit I still struggle to accept change...
And today, the challenge is not only to acccept it,
BUT PURSUE IT...
Wow,
This is super tough to me,
It's a real challenge to me,
especially now that my entire "back home" routine has changed COMPLETELY...
God has been gracious though,
I didnt expect myself to survive till this today...
I was expecting depression and ultra-homesickness...
BUt some how God has helped me pull through...
Am reminded again that GROWTH is crucial...
Either you GROW, or DETERIORATE...
This is reality,
We live in a world that changes with TIME...
HOw then can we continue to stay the 'same' to live in "this TIME",
sooner or later we will be "outdated"...
I dont mean change according to the world...
I mean CHANGE From Glory to Glory in CHRIST...
A CHANGE of HEart from day to day...
And how do we do it?
Ask the Lord...
"CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART; OH GOD, AND RENEW A RIGHT SPIRIT WIHTIN ME."
Psalm 51:10
Only He can help change a person,
Only He has the power to Change you and ME...
But it starts with a CHOICE....
DO we want to CHANGE when God asks us to?
Do we want to at least LEARN to step out of our COMFORT ZONE?
Or do we want to just be SUBBORN???
It's super hard...
I know,
Am struggling myself....
But only when we decide to surrender ourselves to GOd's CHANGE,
will we see wonders in our life,
Only then can we become effective,
Only then we will learn to TRULLY LIVE...
ONLY WHEN WE CHANGE,
can we
CHANGE THE WORLD!!!!!

3 comments:

jane said...

ya........change...change....change...
i am also trying my best to accustom to it....yet it 's really tough indeed!!! but, that's god's will....a big change in our life make us cling on Him more and more each day.....haha....jiayou ah...bro paulus...i can do it!!! i believe you can do it too!!!! will be praying for you...

Pingu said...

Hey Jane... Thanks so much... Trully encouraged to see though how you struggle, you attitude really inspire... Hehe... God is going to bring you far... Take care Sis...

LdyEastn said...

Change starts with yourself. Don't start changing the world when you can't start to change yourself.