Monday, March 2, 2009

"wHy m I" in Tapah??






Just got back last Sunday from another exciting trip of YMI....
This time round, we went up together as a whole team of 10 people instead of in pairs....
We went to a centre runned by Malaysian Care in Tapah...
This centre mainly helps orang asli people to learn to earn their own income.....
WE really had a great time.....
It was challenging...
BUt God was faithful.....
I trully had a meaningful time with every single person that went.....
We has a chance to mix cement, learn more about organic agriculture, cooked our own meals, go to beautiful waterfalls, get bitten by leeches and so much more....
But the biggest highlight for me was the nightly prayer meetings we had....
I dont usually enjoy prayer that much, but starting from day 1, as God led me to encourage daily prayer meets together in line with the trip to Alor Setar, I felt strongly a PEACE and JOY Each night during prayer....
It came like a source of strength to me during this whole trip....
I trully thank God for speaking to us all....
I thank God also for such supportive teammates who engaged in prayer together with me....









After 5 days in Tapah,
7 of us headed up North to Alor Setar...
We went there mainly to visit their first LYPG and to pray with the leaders there of the direction of MYPG 2009....
We had a great time there also....
Our host Aunty Siew HAr and Elisabeth really took great care of us... PRaise God for them...
We had an amazing time of prayer with the Alor Setar leaders on Friday night.....
God revealed himself to all of us.....
He spoke to us.....
It was another wonderful time of prayer.....
We were also blessed with a short retreat for us.....
We visited Alor Setar tower, WEnt to visit Mahathir's birth place, had good food, went canoing, went fishing and hanged out a lot with each other and the ALor Setar guys.....
We were all sad to leave Alor Setar.....
Hope we could come back for another visit.....
Please Pray for our Alor Setar brothers and sisters who will be hosting MYPG 3 this June...
I would sum my whole trip as refreshing,
not only because of all the things we got to do,
not only because that we were given a lot of time to ourselves,
BUT...
Most of all because God spoke to us and refreshed us with His presence.....
"I Thank You Lord, and Praise you for you are Good, Your mercies Endure forever"

No comments: