Friday, January 23, 2009

aM bAK..

It has been a packed 3 weeks for me.....

Firstly, it was mMYPG...
A total of 11 of us from Kluang went up to Kuantan for the mini prayer gathering...
It was a refreshing experience....
Th Kuantan guys organized it very well.....
Their hospitality was really really good......
The place we were given to stay was outstanding.....
I was very encouraged to see the Passion for prayer in the hearts of the people in Kuantan.....
Their LYPG grew so so fast.....
Other than the people there, it was also refreshing to see young people across this country coming together to cry out to GOd for beloved Malaysia......
I thank GOd for bringing us there to experience it all.....
It was really fun meeting bro's and sis's in Christ all over the nation who have a Passion for Christ and for the country....
I also had loads of fun travelling with the Kluangites.....
The time we had in the car, at mamak, in the house, praying, eating etc.....
It was crazy.....
Hehe.....

Team KLUANG

Just the past Monday i got back from YMI.....
It was yet another great experience.....
We had a total of 4 days of training in Kluang before we were sent out in groups to different places....
It was indeed an eye opening encounter.....
Brian and I were sent to the Hulu Langat to do orang asli work and experience their life there....
God was gracious to help us adapt quickly to the place and environment....
I learnt a lot through this experience....
One of them is to be grateful with wat i have been given....
Also, that I need to learn to love and live with the people that GOd has placed around me...
But the main one is to Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God...
I had fun,
Praise GOD...

My Partner and Me




Thank GOd for each and every person he put in my life during YMI.... It was great hangin out with you guys.... I had so much fun during our sleep over... For those who dont stay in Kluang, Will be praying for you guys.... Till we meet again, Take Good care of yourselves and God bless....

Love you GUYS....

YMI-ers 2009

5 comments:

Eunice Wong said...

What's YMI? Tell me about it!!
Hulu Langat is near my house and my church sends a team to do OA work regularly. And that pic is so familiar.. the one by the lake!! We pass by that spot everytime we drive in there.
AaaaaH!!

On a more sane note, happy Chinese New Year! =)

Pingu said...

Hey Eunice.... I want to first officially welcome you to my blog.... Nice of you to drop by.... Hehe.... YMI stands for Youth Mission Initiative... It is a mission conducted every year by the ESP churches, a weeks trainin in kluang and 2 weeks in pairs in the field.... SERIOUS?? You live near Hulu langat?? Cool.... HAve you visited the place?? What is the kamp[ung called???

Eunice Wong said...

Well the one where we do kids outreach is Dong Lai. A couple from my church visit a lot more of the interior and neighboring villages, but i can't remember the names lah... there's some combined outreach with other churches too. I really love the kids there.

Well 45 minutes from my house to Dong Lai is considered near i guess. Haha! Did my driving test in Hulu Langat also, coz it was the nearest to my house.

So is YMI only for youth from ESP? So sad wei.. if it is. That's a great initiative. I'm on the lookout for things like that.

_xing pei_ said...

eunice! is that the 'perseKUTUan' place too? =P

Anonymous said...

Hey Eunice. You don't know me, but to answer your question, currently we've only had ESP youth for YMI. The program is for students just after SPM or STPM and takes place in January. We've only had it for two years. You're welcome to join us!